Code of Conduct
- Teams should build apps from scratch (Mobile App / Consumer Web App / Business Web App). Teams can solve as many “Challenges” as desired (zero, one, or multiple).
- Teams must be between 1 - 5 members. Teams with over 5 members are not eligible to win anything.
- Due to the sheer number of participants, participants will not be able to organize teams by pitching their ideas on day one. Participants, from their DevPost accounts, may “Look for Teammates”.
- The Hackathon Kick-off Talks will take place Saturday at 11:00 AM on the DeveloperWeek Main Stage. They will be followed by Hackathon Workshops in Classrooms 311 & 312. Learn more, https://www.developerweek.com/events/hackathon/#workshop
- All “Challenges” are hosted by sponsors. The sponsors will choose their own prize and choose their own prize winners during Day-2 of the hackathon. Read this sheet to understand how sponsors judge.
- There is a prize for the Hackathon Overall Winner – (2) Amazon Echo Spots.
- On Day-2 (Sunday), once your project team sits at a table, DO NOT change tables. The table number taped down will be assigned to you for the Overall Judging - Round 1.
- There will be two rounds of judging on Thursday. During the Overall Judging- Round 1 (11:30 AM - 1:00 PM), Overall Round Judges will hear you pitch at your table and fill out a score card (Please be prepared for 3 Minutes of Pitching and 2 Minutes of questions). The Sponsor Round - Round 2 (1:00 PM - 2:30 PM) is when you pitch sponsors at their exhibit booths. (5 Minutes MAX)
- Overall Judges (Round 1) will evaluate you based on 1) Progress - how much progress did you make on your app - 2) Problem- solving – does this solve a real problem – and 3) Feasibility – could this team turn this app into a real startup or feasible product.
- The Top 5 project teams (as decided by the Overall Judges - Round 1) will pitch on the Main Stage to all attendees. You will be notified via phone call if you are selected in the Top 5. Top 5 must attend PRE Top 5 Meeting.
- Sponsors are responsible for delivering their prizes to winners (usually immediately after). If needed, we will provide sponsors team contact information. Sponsor winners are announced on the DeveloperWeek -- Main Stage at 3:30 PM on Sunday.