DeveloperWeek 2020 Hackathon
Join 600+ Developers & Hackers at the Nations's Largest Challenge Driven Hackathon.
The DeveloperWeek 2020 Hackathon is the Nations's Largest Challenge Driven hackathon.
View all the amazing hackathon challenges & prizes located to the right in the gold bar as well as here.
February 15 - 16, 2020
Galvanize San Francisco – SoMa
1. Register via Eventbrite.
2. Create a DevPost account and click Register on the DevPost DeveloperWeek 2020 Hackathon page.
3. Doors Open Saturday, February 15 at 10 AM! Check out the full DeveloperWeek 2020 Hackathon schedule here
* All Hackathon Attendees must be pre-registered on Eventbrite & DevPost.
Age - 18 years and older.
Citizenship - Participants from any country are allowed to participate. Visa support letters are not supplied to Hackathon Pass Holders.
Location - Participants must be on-site to participate.
Team Size - Teams can range in size from 1 - 5 people.
Registration - Must register via Eventbrite & Devpost prior to Hackathon.
This is the platform where participants will need to submit and upload their final projects prior to the end of the event.
Teams may be composed of 1-5 individuals.
Presentations and supporting content should be uploaded to Devpost prior to the end of the submission period.
All submissions must include a 2-5 minute demonstration (e.g. PowerPoint) or other visual digital presentation of the application /prototype/ or solution, which be used during 1st round and Final Round of judging.
Round 1 Judging
Round 1 Judges will hear you pitch at your table on Sunday Feb 16 at 11:30 AM and fill out a score card (Please be prepared for 3 Minutes of Pitching and 2 Minutes of questions)
A max 1 demonstration (e.g. PowerPoint) or other visual digital presentation of the application or solution is highly sugguested Presentations should be no more than 3 minutes in length. They should be in the same general format and should include:
- Selected problem statement your product seeks to address
- Introduction to your product
- How it works
- What resources are needed for the implementation of the product
- Ways in which it can be implemented
- A real life situation your product will address and the resulting impact on the community/city/country
Teams should be ready for 2 minutes of Q&A by the panel of judges. In addition, a series of similar questions will need to be answered on your team’s page on DevPost. Presentations must be uploaded before the event is over.
Top 5 Judging
The Top 5 project teams (as decided by the Overall Judges - Round 1) will pitch on the Main Stage to all attendees. You will be notified via phone call if you are selected in the Top 5. The Top 5 must attend a PRE Top 5 Meeting to test your presentation and review presentations guidelines.
Once on the Main Stage you will have a total of 5 minutes (3 minutes to present, 2 minutes for questions from the final round judges). No additional time will be allowed.
$56,000 in prizes
DeveloperWeek 2020 Overall Winner
Canon - Canon's Camera Control API Challenge
• 1ST Place – up to $2500 ($500 Canon Gift Card per participant)
• 2nd Place – up to $1250 ($250 Canon Gift Card per participant)
TIBCO Software - Build your blockchain decentralized app using model driven Project Dovetail™ Challenge
• 1st Place - $2000 Amazon Gift Card
• 2nd Place - $1000 Amazon Gift Card
DocuSign - Best Disaster Preparedness & Relief Solutions using DocuSign
1st Place: $1000 donated to an approved charity of your choice + $1000 amazon gift card
2nd Place: $500 donated to an approved charity of your choice + $500 amazon gift card
Amadeus for Developers - Stress-Free Travel Challenge
• 1st Place - Sony Noise Cancelling Headphones WH1000XM3 (one for each member of the team)
• 2nd Place - Nintendo Switch Lite for each member of the team
Yubico - Two-Factor, Multi-Factor, or Passwordless Authentication with the YubiKey
* 1st Place - US$2000 and a set of limited-edition laser etched YubiKeys -- plus, we will promote it on our website and on social media.
• 2nd place - A set of limited-edition laser etched YubiKeys.
HERE Technologies - Rockstar Routing Challenge
• 1st Place - $1500 Amazon gift card per team
• 2nd Place - $500 Amazon gift card per team
TomTom - Points of Interest - Connect users with local entrepreneurs to reduce food waste Challenge
• 1st Place - $1500
• 2nd Place - $500
NEAR - The Use NEAR’s Typescript web IDE and TestNet to deploy your first decentralized applications in less than a minute, and get a head start building your project Challenge
4 Teams will win $500 each for :
• Best reusable component / library
• Best social application
• Best game
• Overall Favorite
Algorand - Hack Your Way to the Borderless Economy Challenge
• 1st Place: $500 + Codrone+ Thule 32L Backpack
• 2nd Place: Gotenna + Matrix Creator + Raspberry Pi 4 4GB
Agora.io - RTC App Challenge
• 1st Place - $500
• 2nd Place - $250
Submitting to this hackathon could earn you:
Senior Manager, Uber
Technical Lead, Facebook
Principal Architect, Strategic Architecture, PayPal
Founder & CEO, CTO.ai
Developer Relations, RingCentral
Staff Software Engineer, Uber Technologies
Engineering Manager, Zillow Group
Principal Architect, TIBCO
Developer Relations Manager, Amadeus IT
Developer Evangelist, Agora.io
Developer Advocate, TomTom
Head of DevX, NEAR
How much progress did you make?
Does it solve a real problem?
Could this become a startup or company?